In the interests of being as objective as possible, the actions are rough. I thought of taking some 600 grit paper to the rails and such, but when I got out my magnifying glass I realized sandpaper wouldn't cut it (literally) so I started with a file. We're not talking machining marks on teh rails, we're talking irregular sawtoothed surface. After dulling down the sawtooth edges on the back half of the rails I got out the 220 wet/dry and went to work on their bottom edges to break the edges.

I also hit the feed ramp, the raceways, the cocking cam and nose of the cocking piece, bottom of the extractor and outside of the lugs. They weren't too bad, really, they did have machining marks but they polished out pretty well. Went over everything again with 400 grit and also polished the surfaces of the follower with that.

After about two hours of fine sanding I can tell a difference in working the action but to be honest not a really big difference.

It's not like it doesn't feed, it's very positive in feeding, but it makes an out of the box Ruger 77 seem like a velvet smooth snick-snick action by comparison.

Later today if I have time I'm going to smother everything but the lugs in some lapping grit I have and work the heck out of the bolt. I have 220, 320 and 600 grit, will probably go with the 320.

Those Serbs did put the effort where it counts. The barrel is a good'un, obviously, and both lugs have pretty full contact, about 75 to 80% on both going by the magic marker test.

Diamond in the Rough, for sure.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!