I need some advice.

I have a Pre-Rem Marlin 45-70 that has various custom touches to it. Down the line of what I need help with today it has an XS Scout Rail on the front and Williams ghost ring firesight on the rear. Until recently this rig had a complete piece of crap Bushnell scope on it. Even by Bushnell standards. Before anyone bashes me I don't think Bushnell sucks but this is their low line. The scope is mounted in High QR rings in order to clear the rear iron sight.

Long story short I picked up a Leupold 2-7x built before 1974 with the friction adjustment.

The problem is that with the high rings there isn't enough upward adjustment in the scope to put it on the target. If I go to low QR rings (which I have) the scope can get far enough back because of the iron sights.

So should I take off the rear sight and just throw the the iron sight thing out of the equation or is there another solution?

In case it matters with the scope run up as high as it will go with the high QR rings it is 2-3" low of the target at 50 yards.

Thanks

Tom