on the your 1860 Henry/66 Yellow Boy/73 Winchester?

I'm thinking of two possible ways without detail stripping after each shooting session.

If one is using BP or a BP substitute using a bore snake wet with water after each session with cleaning rod along with detail stripping about twice a year.

If one has a cleaning rod like a Dewey which I have, of putting a patch loop on it and running the cleaning rod down the barrel from the muzzle and put a patch on the loop once the loop has cleared the bore and then pulling the rod out with patch. Take off the patch and do it all over again. I'm thinking this would save the muzzle from erosion and protect accuracy somewhat. One could do this after each shooting session and detail strip about twice a year with any powder.

However, this requires cleaning with the bolt retracted and I'm not sure any of the above allow cleaning that way.

I suppose I'll figure out a way once I buy a rifle but the accountant/manager in me is always planning ahead of time.

How do you guys do it?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude