Im with E. In my experience, the average sporting rifle will usually be between 1.5-2.5 MOA from the factory. Most heavy barreled rigs will shoot between .7-1.5 or so MOA.
<br>
<br>The only rifles that I would worry about a multiple shot group is a battle rifle or a rifle that I am going to target shoot with.
<br>
<br>For any rifle that is going to be used as a hunting rifle, excluding varmint rigs, multiple shot groups dont mean squat. If a gun will put the bullet in the 10 ring with the first shot, every time, I dont worry about it. When I am using a factory rifle, I might put in a Timney, or try the old tin foil under the barrel, and mess with the action screws to get optimal performance, but I dont put forth the money that some do. Not putting anyone down. I am simply talking about the rifle as a tool. If I am driving to work, I dont need a '71 Cuda, but if you wanna put in the effort and the money, go for it.
<br>
<br>The only reason I bring this up is for newbies who may be dismayed by their guns inability to shoot Sub-MOA or MOA, but who have a reliable, effective hunting tool.