forslund;
This likely isn't helpful at all, merely a quick Albert and Bob story for you to hopefully give you some good memories.

They used to show up down at the annual Oliver turkey shoot in that old Suburban they drove - the one with the safari rack on the roof as I remember it.

Anyway one of them was more talkative than the other and as another fellow and I ran the center fire portion of the shoot I was there all day and would shoot the breeze with the Forslund brothers as well as shooting against them until I ran out of money that day. They won more than they lost. wink

I always appreciated that they were never secretive about their rifle builds or techniques. If I asked they'd go piece by piece through any of the rifles they'd brought and just why they'd gone with a Gaillard barrel for that one as opposed to another maker.

One year they showed up with what I remember as an A-Bolt in 6PPC - with I think a Gaillard barrel and that had really been worked over. It shot like the proverbial house on fire and caused quite a stir with some other folks who would show up from another town with some pretty fancy rifles usually built by Nobbi Uno.

Well, I've got to slither off to work now sir, but good luck on your quest for those rifles and thanks for stirring some great memories for me this morning. I hope Albert and Bob are hunting in a better spot right now.

All the best to you this fall in your upcoming hunts as well.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"