Back to the .284. Eastman thinks there may have been many more than the 348, reported by Browning. He based his opinion on the number of adds and offerings seen at gun/collector shows. Browning says they shipped the last few from inventory in 1978.

Only ONE 6mm is reported to have been made? There were also many metric guns, not normally encountered here, sold world wide. I suspect many of these wore the FN banner. I have a beautiful FN banner .30-06 that wears an English looking stock and a rust blue finish.

There were lots of gaps in Browning serial numbers from year to year - sometimes a few - sometimes many. Never say never with Browning. I bought a new Superposed in '74. It was equipped with a manual single trigger, rather than the recoil reset type. A dealer friend said that live pigeon shooters preferred them. Somehow it got into my 26.5" field gun. I also have a Gd IV BAR from 77. It should have etched engraving for the outside scroll work, then the animal scene should be done by a master engraver. If the entire engraving is not hand done, you could fool me and a couple of engravers whom have looked at it???

.264 were reported as a short production gun, less than 800 total, yet I have owned several - one of which had a short lightweight barrel. Neat to carry, but LOUD.

The .300 H & H is thought by some to be a short supply gun even though cataloged for many years. I have had one that I bought and sold as an speculative piece. I do not consider myself a collector. I did buy and sell LOTS of Brownings and Winchesters in the late '70s-early "80, to help pay for the daughters' college education. (We never realized that the government would pay, if we didn't want to.) Aside from the .30-06, the only others that I just had to keep were a pair (.243 and .308) built on small ring Mausers w/pencil barrels. They both shoot! jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero