Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I think that angled front action screw has a lot of folks bewildered about the whole action. I've had three M77Rs and had no issues with any of the three, but doing a glass-job, if wanted or needed, spooks some people. I never needed to glass mine, they all shot "minute of deer" and at that time, that was all I cared about.

Any goob can smith a Remington (and a lot of them do), but the Ruger makes that tougher to accomplish.

I like the older tang-safety models better than the new ones, the safety is too small for me to manipulate easily.

I think that the Ruger is easier to bed than a Remington, no need to worry about taping lugs for clearance. There are a lot of folks, some of them smiths who have beliefs about the Ruger and I suspect that they really haven't worked on them much.

One issue with the Ruger is that the angled screw makes some stock work challenging. If the distance between the action and the floorplate changes, the angled screw means that the floor plate will be too tight or too loose.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge