Yes, there was BS before the internet and before Photoshop.

The tiger had escaped from a private zoo in southern WI during the 1973 deer season. Authorities tracked it down and shot it. Arrangements were made to have a taxidermist do a full-body mount of the cat � this is where the BS starts.

The taxidermist tabbed to do the work - my uncle, happened to be at his north woods deer camp at the time, so he made arrangements to get the cat to his studio and would deal with the animal when he got home.

In the meantime, another uncle and my father caught wind of the tabby�s arrival at the studio. The plan was simple � wait until the taxi�s wife left for work, then get into the studio and borrow the cat for the day. Plan made, and, executed to perfection.

It was quite common in those days to visit many a tavern with the quarry bagged that day � the two of them were more than happy to oblige. Soon, there were stories from all around about the tiger that had been shot in NE WI. (I�m hoping he can chime in with some of the stories)

Of course, the day would not have been complete without a photo opp. I recall the photos providing years of story fodder at parties etc. I had completely forgotten the tiger story until my dad sent this photo to me a couple of days ago.

Here�s Whelen Nut with the tiger. My father - the catnapper. whistle
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D