Originally Posted by idahoguy101
I'd like to hear from some actual owners of 375 A-Bolts.

I have one. Got it about 6 years ago. Had a .375 Weatherby reamer run into it, put the trigger at 40 oz, screwed on a Limbsaver, put a pair of dovetail rings on it with #8 screws, lapped the rings and set a Weaver V10 in them. It weighs 8 1/2 lbs. loaded and ready to hunt.

It shoots reasonably well (a whisker over 1 1/4" for 5 shots at 100 yards) but I have not done a whole lot of load development with it after I found one versatile load that it seemed to like.

I do not find the recoil to be hateful. But it IS probably close to or above what some would call "fun".

I have had ZERO failures to function in any way. The Weatherby conversion does, however, reduce effective magazine capacity to 2-down. 3 will fit in the clip. But you can't get the floorplate closed behind it. At least I can't.

The 26" barrel has never bothered me at all. I'm on the tall side with a pretty decent wingspan. But this rifle's numero uno duty for me is black bear. PA black bear drives. And I'm nearly ALWAYS a driver. I have belly-crawled, pushing the rifle in front of me for miles over the last 6 years. I have wrestled it through multiflora, downed treetops, spruce jungles and the likes. No complaints about too much tube.

Bottom line in my experience is that if you can enjoy the ride, you will like the rifle.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.