The kids around here have a 3 day break from school. I finished up my office work yesterday, loaded up the Suburban with the help of my older daughter, and we picked her little sister up from piano lessons and headed to the range.
I had a little range work to do in preparation for deer hunting, so while I was shooting groups with the .243 Win and sighting in the .260 Rem, I set them up in the back of the Suburban with their Cricketts, as it was blowing about 30 mph and misting on and off.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I put their steel disk set up (thanks jcvibby!) at 50 yds and put my target up at 100 yds.
[Linked Image]
As I was shooting groups, all of a sudden I'm seeing the rocks behind my target move. They thought it would be fun to shoot at my target at one hundred yds. with their open site Crickett .22s. So we moved their steel targets to 100 yds, and I'll be darned if they didn't ring them up out there! Not as frequent as at 50 yds, but with open sites and a 30 mph crosswind, they did well.

When I was done, I had ten rounds of .243 Win for them to work with. 60 gr. Sierras with 20 gr. of Blue Dot running it downrange. I've got the full-length stock on the M788 right now, but I have a cut-down stock for them. They still did well - 10 for 10 from the back of the Suburban on the steel targets.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
They learned how to use a rear bag to make fine adjustments to elevation and enjoyed shooting from prone position.

My 7 y/o enjoyed playing with the LRF
[img]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/selmerfan/Gun%20photos/IMG_5113.jpg[/img]

And dad showed off by ringing the gongs with the .357 Maximum at 100 yds - they wanted to know how I could shoot lying on my back.
[img]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/selmerfan/Gun%20photos/IMG_5129.jpg[/img]

Now we have to wait for the rain to stop so we can got out again. Yes, I said rain! The first rain we have seen in over 3 months - going on 1.5" and still falling as I type, thank God!!!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile