Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I think that's it....came across it while I was wandering around trying to find the ranch....which is about four miles away. I like ghost towns.......not all the ghosts had moved out, though.

Burkett is pretty close to there, too. I always get it mixed up with Burkburnett, which is right on the TX/OK border just north of Wichita Falls.

I've got a good friend that has a ranch off of Hwy 206 between Coleman & Santanta, which is real close to Burkett & Echo. I hunt his ranch their in Coleman County pretty often. Lots of deer there, & some pretty good ones too. His neighbor to the north has a big high fence ranch with Elk & Big Whitetail bucks wearing ear tags. We keep hoping his fence will get washed out. Also quite a few feral hogs there, but not near as many as on the Brazos by Old Glory.
I can shoot a hog every day & never make a dent in the herd. We do most of our hog hunting with a bow & arrow or muzzle loader. It got to be too damn boring shooting them with a deer rifle.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~