Horsman it was a SG 264 Win Mag.The SG was dropped as a catalog item the year the 264 was introduced...Rule's book does not list a 264SG;and says the SG was made from 1937 to 1959...so,supposedly,the 264(introduced in 1960)was not made as a catalog item in SG.

The fellow I bought the rifle from and I,both "knew" this....I could not be assured the rifle was factory original but bought it anyway(it was mint),at no where near the price a SG would bring.

Figuring it was not original,I loaded for and shot it,brought it to Alberta to hunt,gouged the checkering in one spot eek

Later I sold the rifle,made a small profit....and forgot about it until I saw a picture of another 264 SG in Whitaker's book.(evidence that they did make some;possibly custom shop)...my heart sank and I knew right away I had screwed the pooch.

A year or so later,I saw the rifle on GunsAmerica or GunsInternational(I forget which) for about $7-8k.It was mine alright,as I recognized the wood,and the gouge in the checkering... I wish I had kept it,not for the value, but I liked the rifle and cartridge. It was very accurate and had lovely wood.

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/09/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.