This is a Charter Arms Target Bulldog with a 5 inch bbl. When I was at Epps this afternoon, I decided to get one in 44 Special. I've owned more revolvers than autoloaders because I like them better.

I fired too many 9mm handguns in the service - the 9mm is a silly cartridge - and I really don't care for it whatsoever. The 40 S&W doesn't excite me either. I promise that if I ever meet you on a firing line and you're using a 9mm, I'll be sure not to crush your purse. Even a 38 Special is better, as far as that goes. Anyway, enough about girlie man cartridges.

[Linked Image]

While I was there, I looked around for another 45, but couldn't find one that interested me. If it doesn't speak to me, I pass it by.

I had briefly considered a Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum, but could not find a short barreled model and have no desire to wait for one to come in.

For those of you living in the States, ordering firearms of any kind can be a crap shoot when you live here. Will I get it within a few months or will I have to wait forever? Over the years, I've ordered several rifles chambered for standard cartridges that took over a year to arrive or never showed up at all! This was NOT the fault of the shop: Canada seems to be the poor cousin for this sort of thing. There doesn't seem to be a decent ordering/shipping process in place here.

Anyway, Epps has this revolver for $449, so I'll pick one up this week.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]