on my very first elk hunt I hunted with a guide named Rudy Rudibaugh( or real close to that). He was an old cowboy and aparently didn't believe in comfort. He took us up to 13000 in the third rifle season in Colorado. During the day it was cold but at night it was brutal, every night it dropped down between -25F and -32F. I slept in my sleeping bag, in my woolrich pants and down jacket with a stocking cap on. I remember waking up and seeing my breath frozen on the side tent where I was sleeping. Rudy gave us a little woodburner that he lit to humor us and that was about it. I can honestly say I've never slept worse in my life than I did that week and have never been so cold. Shot at my first elk on that trip and had a hell of a time. I remember one old bullshytter guide trying to tell me that bull elk droppings had dimples and cow elk dropping didn't and that is how you knew you were tracking a bull, that about a 1000 other lies to try and entertain us. I also remember thinking the camp cook was dumpy brunette chick with potty mouth when I got there and by the end of the week thinking what the hell, if she was willing then,,,,,,.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi