Good luck, Joel. I can't help you with AK prices, but I built a very similar shop (36x42) in OR a few years back. I did all the foundation work myself (scraped the land flat with a buddy's tractor and then brought in lots of rock and spent a day with the tractor spreading it and a few hours with a rented compactor compressing it). Had the shop built around the rock work, then did all the rebar work myself (laid and tied the mats together 1' on center) and then had a concrete guy come in and do the heavy labor placing the concrete and doing the sawcuts to keep it from cracking. My shop isn't insulated, but does have 220 and multiple outlets and a loft, two 14' garage doors with electric openers, and a man door and I paid right around $16000 for everything. I dumped another $2500 into it last winter by building a man cave under the loft (sheetrock with texture and finish, bamboo floors, heat, LED lights, huge reloading bench, flat screen tv, furniture, etc). I got a quote for spray in insulation for the whole shop a year ago and it was around $3000. 1/3 of that was labor for moving everything out. If I did it again, I'd have had them put regular 6" fiberglass insulation in, just like I did in the mancave. Should be able to get that for a few thousand more.

I keep a 25 foot boat and my 1 ton truck in mine. When I went to build it, I was going to do a 24x36 and a buddy talked me into going as big as my space would allow (36x42). I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish I could have gone bigger. I'm a huge proponent of building as big as you have space for - you'll fill it up, and if you don't, it looks that much more clean.