I spent so much time up there on the weekends when I was in the service, that my buddies thought I was shacking up with some female forest ranger up there...

been all over that mountain...

flying to Seattle to change planes to fly to the rest of the world from Medford OR, it is pretty cool to see all the mountain peaks on the way north...

Lassen and Mt Shasta to the south, MacLaughlin Locally, Mt Jefferson, Sisters, Mt Hood, Mt Adams, Rainier, and several more to the north ( whose names escape me at the moment)...most always snow covered....and most above the clouds when it is cold overcast and rainy down below...

pretty much one of the main reasons I live here in the PNW...

When I was stationed at Ft Lewis, I was there about 30 days before it was clear and you could see Rainier.. I remember my jaw hitting the ground.... it was hard to believe to see something so big and so beautiful when you were east coast raised..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez