Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I typically sell off a few EBT cards to garner enough cash for the next rifle.

+1 whistle

to the OP, if you "don't have the cash laying around," the 0% is a bad idea. when something happens and you miss a payment, the interest jumps to 25%. the only benefit I can see to these deals is if you want to spread the payments out over a few months to keep a larger balance in your account (some banks require a minimum amount or you get better incentives for carrying a balance above a certain amount, etc.) but I'd always want enough in there the pay the whole thing off at once if I needed to. otherwise, you're probably gonna get burned. IMHO

I bought a shotgun w a cabelas credit card on time. 10% off my 1st purchase meant $100 off a $1000 shotgun. paid it off immediately, used the card for a few more months but never carried a balance. then cut it up. I didn't feel like that was a terrible deal

This is exactly what credit card companies don't want to see. They want you to get a line of credit and keep using it and paying the interest.

Credit is only as good as you can manage it. Don't put anything on a credit card, you can't pay for. I use my Cabela's card for all my purchases every month and then pay it off. I get the % they credit me and I don't pay anything for it. I have over $300.00 credit at Cabela's, only problem is that I don't need anything they have...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]