Can you get your Lee bullet pictured big enough for your Mosin? That would be a dandy.

The Lee .309 170 gr. bullet drops from the mold close to .311 I just use a .311 sizer to put the gas checks on when there needed. I tried to beagle the mold a couple years ago to fatten it up for the Mosin but the bullet just came out to out of round with some pretty bad fins to be useful without a lot of work getting them off.

What dia do you need for your Mosin?

My Mosin has a .312 groove bore,the Lee 160 gr. TL GC bullet drops from the mold a .313.5" I apply a gas check with a .314 push through sizer and it works fine in both my SKS rifle and the Mosin. The fattest bullet that I can chamber in the Mosin is a .314" bullet using Prvi and Win. brass anything larger want chamber without turning the case neck down.

In the Lee 170 gr.FN bullet I use plain old WW alloy 7.0 grs. Red Dot two coats of Alox/JPW lube for general purpose plinking and leave the GC off. I shoot those at around 1200+ fps.

For the BG load I use a 30:1 Lead/Tin alloy,pop the GC on and ranch dip the bullets in Alox/JPW lube after there dry I run them back through the sizer to clean them up. I settled on a load of H-335 that gets me up to around 2K fps.

The NOE .314466 looks like a good bullet for my Mosin I also have a .313" sizer I got on closeout from Ranch Dog for $8 that I can use on that bullet as well if the .314 fits to tightly in the chamber. Guess I'm going to have to pull the trigger on that mold and just get it and see how it does.

What velocity are you shooting them?

Currently using the Lee 160 gr. TL GC bullet I getting between 1600 & 1700 fps. in my Russian M44 using 16.0 grs. of Alliant 2400 I haven't really tried to push it any faster because it shoots so accurately. I figure if I can get a good FN bullet to shoot as well as the RN design I'll be good to go. I can cover 5 shot with a quarter at 50 yrd. on a regular basis using the Lee bullet.

Artisan in Lead, bullets and powder