One thing nobody has mentioned in this thread is ANYTIME you hit the big shoulder joint with an expanding bullet there's usually quite a bit of meat damage, due to bone fragments blowing every which way. This is usually exagerrated in animals bigger than deer, because there's more bone. I've seen meat damage like due to shoulder-joint hits from a number of different bullets, even monolithics like the Barnes TSX and Nosler E-Tip, which normally don't damage as much meat as bullets that lose some weight.

I've shot a number of big animals with the 250 9.3mm AccuBond, and in most 9.3mm rounds (such as the 9.3x62 and 9.3x74) the velocity isn't high enough to do much meat damage, especially since the 250 is designed to retain more weight than smaller AccuBonds. The only one I've ever recovered was from the second, angling-away hit on a good-sized grizzly, the cartridge the 9.3 B-S, the short-action equivalent of the 9.3x62. The bullet entered the rear of the right ribs and ended up under the skin of the neck on the opposite side, retaining 83% of its weight. That's at a muzzle velocity of 2600 fps and at a range of about 50 yards.

Yes, AccuBonds can blow apart meat, especially the lighter models at high velocities. But the 250-grain is normally very meat friendly from the 9.3x62 and similar cartridges.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck