Originally Posted by CCCC
Clyde - you seem to be a very good guy - and I can feel that this issue is difficult for you due to your personal/filial relationship. That has got to be tough - it sure would be for me.

A full explanation in reply to your comments/questions likely would be lengthy and complicated, and for this place I will keep it as simple as I can. In cases like this, I do my best to eschew the sins and love the sinner. That is one of the teachings I try to follow.

At times it may not appear that way because I see almost all of life as a confrontation to be engaged, and usually do so readily. Being forthright and calling things what one sees them to be often is not popular with some folks, but life on earth is not a popularity contest. The bottom line is serious.

I appreciate the debate on such a hot topic. It is a very complex issue. I more appreciate the civility of our discussions, as there is always more to gain speaking to each other rather than at each other. I always tell myself I'm not going to debate this topic here anymore, but alas, it is a rather passionate topic that puts people on opposite sides of the coin. Sometimes I can't restrain myself.

I agree, love the sinner hate the sin. I guess that's the simplest way to state both of our cases.

Take care,

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.