Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Originally Posted by NYH1
I'll have to try gripping my carbines as you guys explained it. If I do, there really isn't any need to use the front hand grip on them.

NYH1.

The front grip makes it so you have the same exact hand position every time. Consistency equals accuracy.

Though, now with Magpul having a cheap handstop kit, I'd opt for that before a VFG. Either works, though.

I have a THIS Troy Modular Combat Grip on my current AR15. I planned on putting it on my new Colt AR15 that should be here any day. I like it and I'm use to it now. It's not something I have to have, rather it's something I like to have. I don't have it on my AR for the "tacticool factor". I got a really good deal on it so I tried it. After using it I like it.

If I stick with the Troy VFG, I think I'm going to mount my light on the left side of my carbine around the 9 o'clock position instead of mounting it on the right side around the 3 o'clock position. I think I'll be able to operate the light easier with it on the left side. It's easier to move my thumb around the left side while gripping the VFG with my other fingers. I don't seem to have anywhere near the movement when I try to move my thumb around the right side.

Thanks, NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!