Thanks for the kind comments guys.

We had some SNOW the night of 12-15. Had about an inch at home. We just HAD to get out and hunt in the snow! My old dog and I started out hunting around home and found one rooster. I decided to take a short road trip to some ground I hadn't hunted yet this year. Much to my pleasant surprise the farther I drove the deeper the snow got. Arrived at our hunting spot, about 20 miles south and there was 4-6" of the beautiful white stuff on the ground...the most snow we have had to hunt in the last 3 seasons!

Dub, my old GSP, was flawless! The birds held tight and we had blast. It was a short 20 minute hunt to get 2 more rooster to fill our 3 bird limit. During that time I had several great points on both hens and roosters. And on our walk back to the truck Dub pointed 4 more times and we had up close experiences with 3 hens and one more rooster. I should have had my camera out. All of those birds got up within 1-2 feet of my dog. WHAT A DAY!!! Nothing like hunting pheasants with fresh snow on the ground.

Here is a picture of my huntin' buddy with our last two birds of the day. He seems to be enjoying his new orange vest/belly protector. With all the white color that he has on him he is just about invisible when there is snow on ground. That bright orange vest makes in much easier for me to keep track of him, especially in heavier cover. The belly protector part does a great job of protecting his nearly hairless underside.

The picture:

[Linked Image]