Mygirlhunts: I enjoy all of the 6mm's myself and own a bunch of them.
Including a custom 240 Weatherby built on a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 action by Jim Cloward and a 6mm Remington Ackley Improved built on a Remington 700 action by Darrell Holland.
I have personally passed on the 6mm/284 due to the extremely short barrel life several of my close friends have suffered with when using this cartridge.
Hmmm... "the ultimate 6mm cartridge"?
I also have been extremely happy with my Varmint Rifles in calibers 6mm PPC, 6x47, 6mm Remington Bench Rest, 243 Winchester and 6mm Remington.
I would be hard pressed to name just one of these as the "ultimate" 6mm.
If a combination of accuracy, Colony Varminting and predator Hunting was the objective then I would most likely opt for the 6mm Remington Bench Rest or the 243 Winchester.
If Antelope and Deer Hunting were ever to be considered then the 240 Weatherby is number one on my list virtually tied there with the 6mm Remington Ackley Improved and closely followed by the 6mm Remington.
If all of the above criterion (from Prairie Dogs to Deer) are to be considered then a 243 Winchester that shoots small and large bullets well will fill the bill.
If you are choosing one of the 6mm's to be the "ultimate" then my opinion is somewhat undecided, I guess, and I wish you the best of luck with whichever you choose.
With todays variety of wonderful bullets in a multitude of weights the 6mm's are indeed a very versatile batch of calibers.
Again best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy