I have lived in various tents for extended periods in the BC wilderness, started almost 50 years ago. I REALLY dislike wall tents, but, the management of the BCFS, were not too concerned with what we young staffers thought, so, I put in my time in them.

For size, I would go no smaller than 10x12 for two hunters, and 12x14 is better. I would always have a plywood platform if at all possible and this makes a BIG difference. I also like an extra tarp hung about a foot over the entire tent body/roof and extending a few feet in front of the entrance. makes a big difference in overall comfort.

I have had tipis and am hoping to buy a Seek Outside 12 man this coming year, I have a Four Dog Large Ti stove for it. There is no doubt that a wood heated shelter is FAR more comfortable than even the finest mountain tent. I have owned and used many tents and even a Hilleberg can be cold, damp and kinda gloomy in really bad November weather.

I prefer individual ground sheets rather than a complete sod cloth or floor in a tent or tipi and I use Integral Designs double GCs, under my bed roll to keep it and my "night stuff" clean and dry, cheap, durable and light.

It can be a hassle, in the mountains, to find a good site to erect one's larger tipi and you must be careful about snow loads, especially where, as in most of BC, the snow is always "wet". It is snowing outside as I post and is just at freezing and this combo can make one hell of a mess in and around a camp, if you do not set up well to deal with it.

Like others, I won't use a propane stove/heater at night and I much prefer the scent of burning wood and the greater heat that the wood stoves put out. YMMV, but, this is what I prefer.