A group of us went on a Nilgai hunt a few years back in south Texas on the Ytteria Ranch. (sp)??. Borders the King Ranch. There was 6 of us, and we killed 6 big, mature bulls. Mine was shot with a 338 RUM, 200 grain Nos Partions. High shoulder shot, DRT, no exit. My Dads was shot with a 338 RUM using a 250 grain Swift A Frame. Classic, tight behind the shoulder shot. Bull ran 75 yds and died. Small hole going in, and about a double the diameter exit hole. The other were all shot with 30 caliber rigs and premium bullets. No lost bulls, and no exits. They are big, and very thick hided, but once again, you put it in the right spot, and they will die. I have heard from numerous people that the most of the guides on the King Ranch suck, and start hollering shoot, shoot and running off animals. This is all here say, and I have no experience on the King Ranch. I will say that there was literally hundreds of animals on this ranch that we hunted. The outfitter was Lyndal Laxton and I would recommend this hunt to anyone that is wanting a quality hunt.

Toby Joe