I also looked at the Dillon but went with the LNL AP due to cost and auto index (just my pref). I have some RCBC stuff, handtools, scale, etc. I'm not really impressed with any of it, but have never owned one of their presses.

Probably have a few thousand rounds through it by now, mostly handgun ammo but I do use it for rifle too. I never prime on it so sometimes it gets used as a single stage to decap and size. I just prefer to use a handheld priming tool. Maybe someday I'll go 100% progressive but I like reloading in two main phases.

I also have a Lee single stage that I use for some things, and a Lee handpress for load development at the range.

LNL AP works great as a single stage, just faster since you never manually remove a case. Just let each case take a trip around the press with empty stations. You just feed cases by hand instead of feeding and removing like a normal single stage. Cases get ejected after the last station. Simple. Never understood why people say it doesn't work as a single stage, just leave the other stations empty.

Once I have decapped/resized and primed, the loaded rounds start pumping out. The powder measure works great but there's a lot of static with the plastic tube at first. Dryer sheet takes care of that.

Hornady customer service is great. A real live person in the US answers the phone during business hours.

The shellplates can get expensive, and you'll probably want the bulk pack of quick change die bushings.

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/22/12.