Actually this "present" was something I had been searching for some time now. My father (now 81) still loves his deer hunting and deer camp, and always enjoyed special and unique rifles and shotguns. A couple years ago I mentioned that I had seen one of the Grice run 7600 Carbines in 35 Rem. He has always been a 35 Rem fan from the old days, a classic caliber not seen much now.

He never knew the 35 Rem became available in the Grice special 7600 runs. After I mentioned that 35 Rem 7600 Carbine, he thought that would've been a super rifle to have. He would ask about the gun occasionally, wondering if I had ever seen any more, knowing that I keep an eye on the gun/rifle boards for interesting stuff. I looked for a while, but none ever seemed to turn up, or if one did surface it was gone immediately.

I found this one recently, and was thrilled to find it. It was delivered to my FFL on Christmas Eve, just in time.
I packed the Remington box in an oversized outer box, wrapped it all up, and put it under the tree with my Dad's name on it.

Christmas morning came with little kids ripping presents open and wrapping paper flying everywhere.
I waited until the end to put that big box in his lap. Of course he had NO idea what was in that huge box with his name on it.

He pulled at the wrapping in wonderment, not knowing what in the world was in there, picking through the bubble wrap to get to the inner box.
He finally saw the end label of the Remington box that said "7600 18.5" Barrel 35 Rem".

His face said it all- complete shock and surprise.
Seeing the thrill of his delight was worth the price of any fine rifle in the world.
He was saying half under his breath, "I'm over 80 years old, and no one has ever given me a rifle before...".
I was a little slow in trying to capture the moment, but needless to say I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by BlackFrog; 12/26/12.