Mine weighs about 950 pounds. After letting it just sit in the garage for 18 months I decided that if I was dumb enough to buy it, then I was probably also dumb enough to get it into the basement. Basically, my neighbor and I did it ourselves. We covered the 7 steps into the basement with a heavy aluminum ramp. We then attached the safe to an a moving dolly capable of holding 1300 pounds. We lifted the safe/dolly into a horizontal position with a skidsteer that had a ginpole on the bucket and poked it through the back door which opened onto the stairs. We sat it down on the ramp and lowered it with a come-a-long all the way to the bottom of the stairs. We then enlisted two teenage flunkys to help us stand it up. After that, we just wheeled it into the appointed space and spent the rest of the day drinking beer.

I actually think it would be easier to get it out of the basement than it was to put it down there.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"