I think a discussion what powder is better will go on for ever.
The choice of powder I think is a personal choice. Use what ever powder you have confidence in. I myself think all powder has the potential to shoot accurately, it just takes a little load development.
Last night I loaded four different powders using the same volume and not by weight just to see just what the results would be for my own curiosity.
The conditions where not the best for this this morning with a 22 degree 15 MPH wind blowing in my face bringing out the tears and cold fingers I could not feel the trigger.
I shot a few rounds to foul the barrel and shot 5 rounds of 2F swiss, 5 of 2F KIK and 6 Schuetzen with the German label the rounds of 1.5 KIK I did not shoot because I didn't dress warm enough and my fingers were hurting.
Between the three different powders I shot this morning I just cant say which was more accurate. They all shot good in the .44 Rem St..
The only difference I found is that the same volume of the three powders was the Swiss and Schuetzen weight 3 grains more then the KIK smile KIK 92 gr Swiss and Schuetzen 95 gr. with the same volume in the case.
I used the Heavy barreled Shiloh with a 35" 1.3" round straight barrel in the .44-2.6" Rem St. (44-100) with a 28" MVA Scope.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by Kurt71; 12/29/12.