Can't figure which other board this should be on, and bear with me; there's a question at the end of this...

One of my great gun regrets is not getting one or two of the Savage 24 Camper models in .357 Max/20 ga. (IIRC, they came w reg stock and a pistol grip only) that came out in early to mid '80s. I've read those go for more than $1K when available these days.

I was reminded of this recently when my brother was wondering about a decent combo gun to carry around on his E. Colo. hunting lease in the off season; something to bust a coyote a ways off or topple a bunny or bird up close.

I looked around and there are some European combos that are around $2K mark.

Also became aware in past year or so that a couple companies have started producing short-barreled "Tactical" SxS & O/U shotguns.

At least one American outfit, MCA Sports, is making pistol & rifle-caliber insert barrels, that would work in them.

Thinking a .218 Bee or .30/30 insert in the top barrel of a Maverick HS12 could be the ticket for his plains lease or on my little patch of Middle Tenn. Appalachia.

So the question is: have any of y'all used the MCA inserts and how are they for accuracy inside 150 yards or so?

One final thought: Ruger could capture a niche market if they'd make a combo gun.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]