I did an article for GUNS magazine where I tested how much time various loading methods took. Mathman's guess ir correct: The fastest way to load ammo is to perform each step on all the brass, then go to the next step.

This discussion came up on the Campfire a while back, and somebody was bragging about how he could load 100 rounds of precision rifle ammo an hour using an electronic scale. He was somewhat dismayed when I told him using a powder measure to charge cases in a loading block would easily double that. In fact I've eliminated so many wasted steps in my handloading that I can come close to the per-hour production of a basic progressive press while using a turret press.

Of course a lot of handloaders prefer spending as much time as possible in their loading room. If that's what they prefer, then that's what they should do. But I handload for part of my living, and anything that saves time in the loading room means more time to shoot, write and test other stuff.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck