This one is actually pretty good, though it may shortcut how to strip off the dried exterior, fascia, and sinew a bit. The guy doing the demo refers to fileting a fish like he expects his viewer to have done that. It is in fact very much like skinning a filet. There is more than one way to do this, and it may take some experimentation to find your own technique. A sharp knife is a must, and something flexible like a boning or filet knife is easiest to use for the job. The slicing knife should be 10 or 11 inches at least to be able to cut across the larger cuts to make neat steaks. A short knife will make you saw a lot and give uneven thicknesses, yielding less tidy work.

I was quite surprised to see him doing almost exactly what I do in separating the muscles and stripping off all fat, sinew, fascia, etc., before making steaks or other cuts.. If you are fastidious about the sinew and muscle fascia (also called silverskin), and get it all off the muscles, it does make for very much less chewy meat. On some of these separated out muscles, you can tell if you have a tough one that should be cubed or ground by how firm it is when you probe it with stiff fingers. If it gives, steak, if it does not, then burger, pot roast or something that you will slow cook to make it tender.

Probably watching several different videos will give you a better perspective of what you want for cuts, and different techniques to get there. It would be easiest to have someone show you or have an experienced hand helping you for a time or two. I have taught newbies by me taking a quarter and having them take the other of a pair, and then demonstrating step by step, with them following me on their piece. For visual learners, that has worked well. We have done everything from deer to bison that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLmMADbGbY

Best of luck. You should have some good eating off that cow.