Bcraig: I honestly think one would have look quite hard to find a truly pompass ass among those frequenting this portion of the campfire. I apologize if I offended, as I thought I was offering a sincere answer. Blunt maybe, but it was sincere, and I don't recall adding any adjectives that might reflect on ones personna.

Similarly, one does not visit the local fly fishers guild to get an assessment on the "pocket fisherman." He does not go to Bass Pro either to secure help tying a Jock Scott. A techie site/forum might be a better realm for your explorations. Tourist wave phones in the air. The White House press corp pack cameras.

Some of the folks that pass through here might spend 2 to 4 grand for a body, and as much as 2 to 10 grand on a lens. We can do $400 for a midline point and shoot unit, and we will not expect high end resolution when they're stretched out to 600 mm equivalents.

We all see phone images posted on the web, but are mostly unimpressed with their definition, depth of field, and exposure control. Expediency and a fleeting opportunity often dictate their use. To date though, I not seen a National Geographic image credited to a phone. That being, if ones goal is communication and web access, get the phone. If he wants quality pics, spend at least 2 to 3 times that amount on a dedicated camera.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/10/13.

1Minute