Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Tanner-too funny about the super glue, but when I was guiding I had one fella in camp the night b4 the hunt actually sitting at the table thumbing primers back into the primer pockets... cool

Dober

We had a guy in competition, the [bleep] was an unbelievable shot, but just knew he had to have XXXX MV from a gun or it was a BB gun.
He was constantly putting primers in with 640 bearing retainer locktite adn still loosing em. We all know when the metal gives, no glue is holding anything in...

But a buddy of his built him a primer crimping tool, that actually helped him a bit. But less powder would have been safer for us all.

Funny story, as well as he shot, he couldn't shoot 600 prone that well. I was on a hot streak one state match and had a perfect score goign in horrible wind. Never a perfect score on that range at that point it was only about 5 years old or so... His cell phone rang while I was middle of 22 shots. I pulled the round and rolled over... waitiing on him to answer. Flustered him so bad he started stammering about keep shooting, don't need the phone etc..... and I kept saying catch it and I"ll wait... ( of course I was also watching the wind and continually twisting the knobs to keep up with it. He demanded I shoot again. He hated loosing but was funny to listen to him whine about keep going.... stopped on a X. Started with another.... and finished clean and beat G David Tubb at 600 that day wiht my measly AR...

Told him after the match... my scorekeeper that is, he asked how I did it. I said I used 242 loctite, the 640 was so strong that when the case gave a bit, it torqued the case to the side and skewed the angle of the bullet a tiny bit as it went downrange, which really didn't matter much at 200 or so but by the time it was accentuated at 600 it could cost you....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....