I've always wanted an AR, but have never actively pursued one. Given the current political climate can a guy even find something that's priced reasonably?

I'd want something nicer more like REALLY nice. Something along the lines of the AR equivalent of a Sako rifle. I'm prepared to spend $2-3k but I don't want to spend that kind of money for something that was only worth $1k just a few short months ago.

I'd probably go .223 for standardized economical ammo. Selective single fire (manual cycle) wouldn't be a bad idea either in the event a guy wanted to plink and collect brass without a catcher. Top notch trigger mandatory thinking 16" and maybe a medium to lighter contour stainless barrel possibly coated to be black or olive/camo. Nothing gawdy like most of the Red Jacket crap you see on TV with a toatser etc. A light holder, maybe a dot of some sort and the ability to switch to fixed sights maybe. Adjustable butt stock I guess as well.

There's just so many options out there and I want to steer clear of teh "average" quality stuff.

Last edited by TDMax; 01/12/13.