Originally Posted by rost495
If I found some primers at a decent price, could I blindly buy 10 or 15,000 of 209s of about any maker and be fine later on.

Originally Posted by rost495
Sounds like the old standby WW209 will work just fine and thats probably then what I"ll hold out for unless I have a fear and can find only eruo ones i may buy 5000 just because.

Jeff-

You've reloaded plenty over the years, so I trust that you'll get what I'm saying.

Sure, you can buy 10-15K of whatever primers you can find a deal on, and with all of the info available out there, will most likely be able to find a load that will accomodate them.

But it's so much easier to start your load development by identifying the hull you want to use, then the payload weight, and make the powder, wad, and powder fit accordingly.

Kind of the way we pick the bullet we want with our rifles, and then find an appropriate powder to push them.

In other words, you already have the hulls, so start there, not with the primers.

Primer prices are pretty close across the board, so other than availabilty, there's no real reason to go rushing out and buying 10K of someting that may take a lot of work to find a good load.