I on my second Del Ton upper. This is a 15" 1:9 Cl Pencil Barrel upper. This upper has been in use my work/patrol rifle, and has been more than satisfactory. I have a little over 6k rounds through it, and have had zero issues. It has only been really cleaned once, after a match in Shreveport, where it rained nearly a foot during the match, and it was covered, and filled, with Louisiana mud. This gun has been through several SWAT comps, threegun matches, and rifle schools.

That being said, parts are not parts. I bought the DTI knowing full well that it was not a crap shoot, and I have the knowledge and ability to remedy issues I might run across. With Colt, and other upper end manufacturers, you are paying for quality control, and parts built to a spec. For example, the carrier key screws were barely staked on both my DTI bolts. I staked them, and went on. I have seen far too many factory guns from second level manufacturers fail in schools and training to trust them. I do believe that a DPMS can be a good gun, just as a Colt can be a turd. The odds of getting a crap gun increase, however, as cost decreases. If one has the ability, knowledge, and tools, they can remedy MOST of the issues encountered with the cheaper guns.

Last edited by liliysdad; 01/13/13.