Originally Posted by Tanner
Mojo,

What you said about 'accuracy' vs. precision is perfect. I like the thought of putting 3 in the mag, setting up prone over a pack and lightweight rear bag, and putting 3 shots close to center in a timely fashion. That spells accuracy to me, and you just can't beat it for hunting situations...

This is a pretty cool little video of a Tac Match, if you're interested. I'd really like to try one of these.

http://tacticalmatches.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6044

Seems like most of those guys are running some sort of 6mm...

.243 with the 115Dtac is a tough combo to beat in those matches. Plenty of energy to knock down steel and is like a lazer getting through the wind. Combine all that with light recoil (or no recoil with a brake) and its only downfall is a short barrel life.

The concept I like in the tac matches is that only well placed hits count, the only time I have ever seen a group measured is in the event of a tie breaker the smallest group on a particular target can be measured. The single best group I have ever shot was at 600 yards making called head shots. The three shot group was right at an inch but it counted for a big fat zero since it was 2" left of the scoring ring because I missed the wind call by about 2-3mph.

Last edited by varmintsinc; 01/15/13.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper