I've had 4. The first 2 didn't excite me. One was a 14" TC barrel, the other a late 700 ADL. Neither shot well. I waited 2 years, tried it again.

#3 was essentially a 700 VSSF except I used a 24" barrel ... PacNor. It was a shooter. I torched the throat .. not completely, but enough I could see a steady decay in round count between cleanings before the bullets began to tumble in flight. Coulda maybe got another 250-300 rounds out of it, but I had a new barrel on hand.

#4 was the same action and trigger, different stock and a lighter barrel. This one is, again, a 1-12" PacNor 3 land and groove, but in standard sporter config, fluted, and the stock is a McMillan hunter's edge.

Funny thing .. I re-worked loads for #4 and it shoot exactly the same loads as #3. Never had that happen changing barrel contours and stocks before.

I have essentially 2 loads:

28.0 grains of H335 under Hornady/Nosler (haven't tried Sierra) 32 grain bullets in WW cases with Rem 7-1/2 primers.

27.5 grains of Varget under Sierra 39 grain / Hornady 40 grain / Nosler 40 grain bullets, again with WW brass and Remington 7-1/2 primers.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...