Originally Posted by NathanL
Originally Posted by Mako25
Vanguard Series II Back Country, 24 in. fluted cerakoted barrel, 6 � lb., aluminum bedding block (changed from announced pillar bedding),

They keep getting closer to pullin' me in.

Being discussed in the hunting rifle section. I believe it would be cheaper to buy a regular vanguard and stick a McMillan edge under it and come out ahead in the money department by a good bit.

I'm looking forward to testing this one. I should have one for review within a month. Don't know what caliber it will be as they're building them now and it will be first available. Weatherby's goal with this rifle was to get the weight down while retaining a 24 in barrel -- hence the fluted No. 2 contour barrel. That will appeal to some, especially in the magnum chamberings. They originally announced this as having a pillar-bedded stock, but told me they have switched to a stock with an aluminum bedding block. They said they also "made some changes" to the stock itself to help keep the weight down. In any event, they're confident in the package as it comes with the sub-MOA guarantee.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.