As I understand it, EO's can only be done under existing law. The 21 or so (has any president before mass produced so many EO's in one fell swipe?) are largely meaningless- several having some value, if funded.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think there is a real danger that so far is getting no attention.

The gun grabbers are going to try to get a law passed that private transactions must go thru a background check. "Reasonable and common sense". Yeah, baby!

A lot of the sheeple will comply. A lot of otherwise law-abiding folks won't (criminals, of course are exempted), and will continue to buy and sell privately, without background checks. But with such a law on the books, this opens up the feasability (cerainty!)of an EO mandating national registration of all firearms in order to force compliance with the duly passed (thus existing)private transaction background check law.

Get the private sales background check law on the books, and with a stroke of the President's pen, national firearms registration becomes law without Congressional debate or concurance.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.