I have some land which I put in some food plots. The deer and Turkey are here frequently. I also put in a Redneck Blind on a stand 8 foot high.

There are Turkeys on my cameras several times a month in this food plot. However not usually with the same timing that I have sitting there. I do see them on a neighbors triticalia and alfalfa field about 400 yards away almost every day.

I've never been a turkey hunter, never used a call, never used a decoy, never really got into the turkey hunting world. However with this land and the opportunity I find myself intrigued by them and I need to stick one with an arrow.

So regarding calls, or foods I can plant here. What would you use to get them here with a call? Then, What is Turkey candy for a food plot? What can I put in to compete with the alfalfa, triticalia and corn my neighbors have planted? Are there berry bushes, Russian olive, nuts? what do you think?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)