I have been using chronograph for a number of years. Some years ago I found an easy way to align the chronograph. Set target at your desired distance, set your rifle on bags or rest, and sight on the target. Set your chronograph as you normally, but do not take a great deal of time fine aligning. Turn the scope power to the lowest setting. Turn adjustable objective to the lowest setting, that is normally 25 yd. You look thru the scope and can you should be able to see the chronograph, and then fine adjust it. I use electrical tape around the steel round rods that support the diffuser or skyscreen. The tape is set so I see the highest and the lowest I want the bullet to pass over. If you have a PACT, use white or red electrical tape. This will also work with standard scopes but, the rods tape markers are not as clear. The biggest advantage is you well get less error readings, also will never shoot it. I used a PACT, battery eating unit for way too meany years. I purchased a new ProChrono, and have shot over 350 rounds without one error reading.