Originally Posted by JGRaider
... So in my feeble mind I'm wondering if I'd like it just as much to have a mono punch through both sides, leave a blood trail, follow it 50-100 yards and find it dead. Fall over dead, I can see it laying there dead, or double punch and watch it stumble bumble or even trot off and die but I've got a blood trail?

Let me ask you TTSX guys this........In open country hunting where shots can be longer...300-500 yards....How much confidence do ya'll have that these TTSX will open up, expand like a TTSX is supposed to expand, and it will be business as usual on the receiving end?

We've been using MRX and TTSX on game for several years now, from antelope to elk. This includes 100g TTSX in my .257 Roberts, .308" 168g TTSX in a variety of .308 Win and .30-06 rifles and 180g MRX in my .300WM. I had an antelope go about 25 yards but that was the longest by far. Most game has dropped where it stood or taken no more than a step or two. So far we have nothing but exit holes.

Last fall I took a mulie buck at under 50 yards with the .300WM and a 180g MRX launched at 3033fps. The MRX exited on a quartering shot and the buck took about 3-4 steps. The next day I used the same load to take a cow elk at 399 yards. It was a broadside shot. The cow did a 180 turn, took a couple steps then turned 90 to head uphill. She made it another couple steps before collapsing. She's inside the yellow circle in the pic below.

[Linked Image]

In 2010 I drove a 168g TTSX lengthwise though a mulie doe. Not sure what the range was but believe it to be 350 or so. (Damn POS Leupold RX IV rangefinder wouldn't take a reading. Again.)

Never could bring myself to use TSX on big game again after a disappointing test on a buck antelope. No problems at all with the tipped varieties, MRX and TTSX.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.