Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
A good gun done right, doesn't need to be "broken in"; that's an urban myth & a fallback for a poor gunsmith/product.

Verifying reliability (different from durability) does need to be done with either various or a specific ammo.

MM

BIG BS flag here. A friend of mine built most of the Bianchi Cup top finishers guns last year. When he build a 1911, he might put a 1000rds or more through it before the customer touches it. Don't make yourself look stupid and say he doesn't know what he is doing.

TAK,

The only BS here is what's running out of your mouth & between your ears & your ignorance & what you don't know shows with virtually every post.

You're a sort of smart guy, but obviously you are enamored by yourself & competition.

You don't say whether or not your famous gunsmith friend's guns run from the get go or not or whether he has to rework them but I can tell you for a fact that a "normal" tuned 1911 should,can & will do so.

If you don't know that, then there's not much more I can say to you.

Obviously, I've never built guns for famous Bianchi Cup shooters, but I've laid hands on enough of them to know.

Problem is, it's the ones like you that don't know, that like to run their mouths the most.

And please, don't give me any more BS about being an instructor.......doesn't have a thing to do with guns working or not.

MM