I have another thread on the newer Tundras but am wrestling between the 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton trucks.

I am leaning toward a 3/4 ton probably gas as I maxed out my 1500 with a light slide in camper and pulling a trailer with a couple of fourwheelers. I will probably pull horses at some point but not often and can always use my dad's truck as they are his horses and his horsetrailer to begin with so I might as well use the whole package.

Although the promise of better gas mileage and lower initial cost brings me back to the half tons. I am considering selling the slidein and getting a smaller camper trailer, maybe a toyhauler. I would probably then have a fourwheeler in the bed of the truck and pull the camper. This is something I think most half tons are capable of though we do have large mountain passes here.

I am thinking of the a newer model ford maybe with the ecoboost or the new 5 liter. It sounds like it has quite a bit of spunk for its size. Other trucks I am considering are the Tundra or maybe the dodge half ton.

As far as 3/4 tons go I was dead set on the chevy with duramax or the 6.0 liter, but now I am not so sure anymore. I want a crew cab in any of the models and the new 2011 ford 3/4 ton with its new gas engine seems to be getting good reviews. After driving my dad's 3/4 ton hemi compared to our office chevy 3/4 ton 6 liter I am much more impressed with the dodge.

So I am kind of rambling but now am just not sure what I should look for and though I would see what say you?