Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by ppine
Maybe you could consider a smaller boat. The rigs with 3 axles are always for sale because they are a pain in the ass to haul around. A cuddy cabin always sounds good to people but takes up too much room and adds weight.

I have a 19 foot aluminum boat with an outboard that weighs less than 2000 pounds and does everything.

Do you think a 19' boat would be a good boat for a family of 5 on a week long trip running 200 nm and carrying two 160qt coolers and 100# of ice for fish and shrimp, not to mention carrying an inflatable for getting to shore and shrimp pots/pullers?

I would never own a saltwater fishing boat for Alaska that didn't have a cuddy cabin and pilot house. The value of being about to get out of the weather is priceless.

Not to mention needing the bigger boat for the typically rough waters up here. I went on a hunting trip in PWS in a 23' boat, and we got stuck in a bay at Naked Island for a couple of days because of 6' seas.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."