The guy that built my Custom Mauser, 30'06 used alot of Brown Pounders as well as lots of McMillians. He had "a couple," out of dozens, that delaminated for his customers. I might add that he still used them back then, but they weren't his first choice.
When he did my mauser, he recommended the MPI Kevlar stocks. Backed them up with his personal guarantee, etc. Of a couple of dozen of those, two developed surface cracks. None went through or caused any structural damage. He took both back, refinished them and resold them. Both had been working fine on their new owner's rifles when I last talked to him.
I've got two of them. One, on an M70, has taken two really bad falls. One of those had the rifle flipping off of my shoulder and went cartwheeling in the air to hit the ground as I took the fall. The other was a simple toss of the rifle which resulted in it's landing on rocky ground. No stock damage other than a few dings, etc.
Riding on rough 4WD trails, secured to the empty front seat has resulted in some paint rubbing off on the mauser. The stock under it is fine at the shiny spot. It, too, has gone down hard w/o significant damage.
Both stocks weigh 18 ozs. ready to bolt up. The M70 stock was purchased as a blank, and fitted to the rifle. It took a whole six weeks to order and pick up ready to shoot. It cost me $440 total about 7-8 yrs. ago. Unlike the graphite renforced McMillian Fwt. Stock it replaced, this classic stock has no problems with the forend bending when using a shooting sling.
So, you might consider a Kevlar MPI. E