Originally Posted by safariman
All I need this for is hunting and helping to haul out dead critters, mostly deer.

If the above quote is true.........Any 4x4 Brand Name wheeler 250 to 1000 cc in decent shape will haul a deer out of the brush.

That was easy. But wait, there's more. grin

You may begin to enjoy riding an ATV . You may say this machine is alot easier on me then my Rokon. And easier to ride. Your bride may want to ride along with you to help and you both realize that riding double slowly through the woods is a blast together.

If any of the above happens....then you got choices to make.
If riding double or even just myself on a joy ride, independent suspension or bust for me.
Riding double or going on a long day trip or overnighter? 500cc or more for me.
Think your wife may drive it sometime? You and I know it's not flat in this country..........
Engine holdbacks (braking itself under compression) and steep descents controls make today's wheeler alot safer. Power steering is awesome and easy on the body in our steep mountain roads and trails.
Those old 250's are reliable, stout, great little workhorses, but they will tear you up out here on a long ride.
So, it's really easy to choose.....IF you only take out in the fall for 1 week and that's it.
OR
If you decide you may want to actually use and enjoy it more (and my prediction is, you will) you then have a bunch of choices to make.
Good Luck.

Have Dog

Will Travel