Splatt,

I'm glad to hear Trap is doing good for you, sounds like his next 2 JR's should go easy and he's well on the way to Sr's. Onyx is doing very well. He stops on the whistle am eventually sits (3-5 seconds) and definitely recasts but isn't as "crisp" as he will be so.

So far Onyx has awesome line manners with super rare breaks and he is easily stopped and reheeled but I have yet to see a dog that has never broke. He is still a bit rough on honoring but I don't see me attempting a senior test until July or August. At this point we still need to do a little more work on the whistle sits, handling and blinds then onto honoring.

I agree, all I want in the end is a good bird dog. I would be content with a jr title and the ability to handle. Unfortunately my dog has way too much bloodlines not to try for master hunter to make him worth breeding.

My dog is out of an FC- AFC stud with multiple generations of FC, AFC, NFC,Master Hunter and Master National Hunters. He has produced several AFC, NFC and Master National dogs. So the pedigree is there to succeed and if he does I would love to spread the bloodlines.

All that aside my focus is my 4 Jr tests before Memorial Day.